Let’s talk about JAMAICA!
I’m so excited to share some knowledge and tips that will help you when planning your next Jamaican getaway.
So let’s get to it –
When it comes to hosting visitors, Jamaica knows how to do it all right! They have been giving tourist warm welcomes for many decades. Jamaica offers a classic Caribbean experience with a wide variety of resort options. It is typically very easy to get to with a variety of airline carriers and multiple flight options to and from the island.
Jamaica is perfect for families, couples, & honeymooners. It is especially great for adventure seekers who love excursions and sightseeing, but it can also be great for beach bums who just want to relax. Jamaica has much to offer compared to its neighboring Caribbean islands. We want to share with you some of our favorite all inclusive resort options to help you plan the perfect vacation when visiting Jamaica.
Reasons to choose Jamaica for your destination:
- Endless number of tours and island activities
- Variety of all inclusive resort options
- Delicious Food – home of the JERK chicken!
- Beautiful blue water
- White sand beaches
- Great value and pricing
- English speaking country for easy communication
Which airport to fly into:
Primarily, the best airport to fly into is the Montego Bay Sangster Int’l Airport (MBJ). Kingston is also an option, but it is not the best option because of resort distance & pricing.
Where to stay:
Jamaica is one of the bigger islands offering all inclusive resorts in the western Caribbean, so it is important to choose the best location and resort based on your wants/needs. Listed below are our top areas to stay, with our top resort options in each area.
For your reference, I have color coded the family friendly resorts green, and the adult only resorts blue.
- MONTEGO BAY and ROSE HALL – If your vacation getaway is only for 3 or 4 nights, Montego Bay or Rose Hall area is a great option! Your resort will be 15 min – 1 hour from the airport depending on the resort you choose. Montego Bay is centrally located between Negril and Ocho Rios. Our top resort picks between the Montego Bay and Rose Hall Area include Sandals Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean, Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall, Excellence Oyster Bay, Secrets Wild Orchid, and Iberostar Grand Rose Hall.
- OCHO RIOS – About 1.5 – 2 hours east of the Montego Bay airport, Ocho Rios is a great location for endless fun, day tours, and activities. Including Dunn’s River Falls, bobsledding, shopping, dolphin cove, mystic mountain, Bob Marley Bus Tour and SO much more to do right outside the resort. Our top resort picks in Ocho Rios include Sandals Ochi, Couples Tower Isle, and Beaches Ocho Rios are 3 great resort options.
- NEGRIL – About 1.5 hours from the airport, Negril offers the most beautiful sunsets and beaches on the whole island. Although it does not offer as many activities as Ocho Rios, there is still a big variety of day tours like YS Falls, Bamboo rafting, Black River Tour, Appleton Rum Tour, Rick’s Café, & more. Our top resort picks in Negril are Sandals Negril, Couples Negril, Royalton Negril, and Beaches Negril are great resort options.
- SOUTH COAST – About 1.5 hours from the airport, South Coast is perfect for those wanting to relax & unwind. Sandals South Coast is an AMAZING beachfront resort on the south coast of Jamaica that offers a fun, living resort option.
Which resort to choose?
With so many resort options, it can be hard to choose the best one! But rest assured – Jamaica has some of the very best in the all inclusive travel industry. Please contact one of our Jamaica Specialists, if you need help planning your next Jamaica getaway.