Stay 3-4 Nights on the Las Vegas Strip
Stay 3-4 nights in Springdale Utah (drive from Las Vegas Strip to Springdale aprox. 2hours and 35mins).
– On the way to Springdale you can stop at Valley of Fire State Park which is a little less than an hour outside of Las Vegas. Valley of Fire website: http://parks.nv.gov/parks/valley-of-fire
Suggested hotels Springdale: Take the free shuttle from hotels into Zion National Park
– LaQuinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springdale/Zion National Park – free breakfast
– Majestic View Lodge
– Cliffrose Springdale, Curio Collection by Hilton
Things to do at Zion National Park:
(Don’t forget when visiting a National Park you will need to pay an entrance fee – the one time fee will allow you to visit the park(s) for 7 days. You can also visit more than one National Park within the week with this pass).
– Check out the shops and restaurants in Springdale
– Try Bumbleberry pie or Icecream from the Bumbleberry gift shop and bakery in Springdale
– Go on a hike in Zion N.P. – one of the most popular hikes is the Narrows. You can walk along the Virgin River for about a mile, but if you want to experience the Narrows hike further you must walk or wade through water since the footpath ends at the Virgin River.
– Zion Canyon Scenic Drive- it is a 57 mile drive, you are able to take the free shuttle from Springdale to experience part of the Scenic Drive.
– Canyon Overlook Trail – one of the easiest and most photographed trails. It is a one mile hike to get amazing views of Zion Canyon.
– Some other more challenging hikes include Angel’s Landing and Observation Point. These are considered longer day hikes.
– Horseback Riding
– Weeping Rock Trail and Lower Emerald Pools Trail are also easy popular hikes.
– You can also visit the famous Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend which is aprox. 2 hours from Zion National Park and 2 hours and 30 mins from Springdale Utah.
– Bryce Canyon National Park is aprox. 1 hour and 15min from Springdale with a scenic drive through Zion National Park.