Why travel with G Adventures?
G Adventures has been leaders in small group adventure travel for nearly 30 years. How’d they get there? By listening to travelers and giving them what they want: flexible itineraries, freedom to explore, smaller groups, safety and peace of mind!
With locally based guides who show you your destination in a way you’d miss traveling any other way!
1. Small Group Travel
Most of G Adventures land tours have no more than 16 travelers, but the average number of travelers on a tour is 10-12 people. They keep their groups small to create a sense of fellowship and allow for closer connections to the places and people you visit.
2. The freedom of solo travel. The comfort of a group.
Single adventurers are welcome on all tours! G Adventures allows you to be paired up with a roommate of the same sex to ensure you get the same price. On the other hand, you also have the option to choose “My Own Room” — a single room all to yourself if this is more convenient.
Another great reason to travel with a group is the insider access, safety and support, and lifelong experience of connections with an instant squad of traveling companions!
3. The Best Tour Guides (CEO's)
At G Adventures, they don’t have tour guides — they have Chief Experience Officers. The founder, Bruce Poon Tip, gave up his title as CEO because he felt they needed a proper title to reflect how integral they are to giving you an exceptional travel experience. (But don’t worry, they won’t be using any office attire or business jargon.)
Locally based = local experts.
Our CEOs are locally based, meaning they know the area you’re exploring like the back of their well-travelled hand. They plan visits around the best times to visit (or avoid) the most popular spots, can help you choose local restaurants, and generally give you great tips on the best things to experience. And since they usually speak the local language, they are your go-to resource for anything that comes up.
Local support. All. The. Time.
All CEOs are supported by local operations teams 24/7. If something comes up that your CEO can’t help you with (however unlikely that is), the team nearby is there to support them in keeping you safe and happy.
Your experience is their focus.
G Adventures wants you to have the time of your life — that’s why they hire the smartest, friendliest, bestest CEOs around. It’s their mission to make sure you return home feeling like your life has truly been changed.
4.100% Guaranteed Departures
Yes, you heard that right! G Adventures is one of few travel companies in the world to guarantee every single one of their departures.
5. Lifetime Deposits
Sometimes the unexpected happens.
G Adventures lets you cancel or delay your trip for any reason, and your deposit remains valid until you’re ready to go. You can even pass it on to a friend or donate it to Planeterra, our non-profit partner.
6. Travel Styles
G Adventures has Travel Styles for EVERY type of traveler.
- Classic Tours: These are some of our favorite tours from G, hints the name ‘Classic’. With these tours, you will experience an unbeatable mix of uncommon experiences, insider access, cultural contact, and all the must-sees and -dos, Classic is adventure perfected.
- National Geographic Journeys: We are so excited G Adventures has added the National Geographic Journeys to their collection of Travel Styles. These tours offer greater hands-on exploration and insider access, all with upgraded accommodations and more inclusions than other G Adventures tours. There is also a similar travel style, National Geographic Journeys Family, that is perfect for adventure-loving families in search of a meaningful way to discover the world together.
- Active Tours: For those who crave adventure! Why just see the world when you could bike, hike, kayak, and multi-sport it? Why, indeed. Active tours keep travelers who like to move on the move.
- 18-to-thirtysomethings: You’re only young once. Make the most of it with 18-to-Thirtysomethings tours, fun-filled and fast-moving adventures designed just for travelers aged 18 to 39.
- Wellness Tours: Discover awe-inspiring destinations combined with activities like yoga, meditation, and healthy food experiences to recharge the body and nourish the mind.
- Marine Tours: Some of the world’s most amazing places are best (and often only) explored by boat. G Adventures fleet of small ships get you just about anywhere you can float to.
- Family Tours: Just because you’ve settled down doesn’t mean your adventuring days are through. Family makes our big planet small enough for all.
- Local Living Tours: Want to experience some of the most gorgeous and out-there places? Local Living tours grant access that even locals don’t have.
- Rail Tours: The best way to fully experience the world is by traveling through it. Rail tours bring you closer to amazing places via iconic and scenic rail routes.
7. A Good Cause - 'G for Good'
When you travel with G Adventures, you see their commitment to making travel a force for good and it is more than just words on their website — it’s in everything they do. G for Good stands for all of the social, environmental and ethical good they create as a business which helps to fuel Community Tourism. Their efforts to preserve and conserve our world fall under two approaches: Acting Responsibly, which is their commitment to improve the sustainability of their own operations, and Creating Positive Impact, which focuses on leaving the right impact in the places they visit.
1. Animal Welfare: G has recognized the importance of animal welfare. That’s why they have worked with experts from World Animal Protection, The Jane Goodall Institute and The World Cetacean Alliance to draw up a robust policy, which builds on the ABTA Global Welfare Guidelines for Animals in Tourism and puts the needs of the animals first. They want to ensure that all animals featured as part of ther tours are treated humanely.
2. Child Welfare: It is critical that no child is ever harmed as a result of tourism. Travelers have the power to make a true impact in the communities they visit, and that’s why they actively work to ensure child welfare is protected in the places they operate.
3. Respecting Local Cultures: Connecting curious travelers with Indigenous communities is an essential part of their identity at G Adventures. They are committed to respecting the rights, history, and culture of Indigenous people while ensuring that tourism supports their well-being.
4. Plastics Partnership Project: Plastic pollution is a HUGE global problem. G Adventures is working with partners to eliminate as much single-use plastic on their tours as possible.
Creating Positive Impact:
1. Planeterra: Established in 2003, Planeterra is their non-profit partner dedicated to ensuring communities touched by tourism benefit from the opportunities it provides. They help empower local people to develop their communities, conserve their cultures, and create humane and supportive systems for their endeavours.
2. Ripple Score: You deserve to see exactly what they mean when they say ‘changing lives through travel’. That’s why each tour has a ripple score to show you exactly that!